Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Highlights from Manning

OK, so here is another one of those huge long posts but I just couldn't narrow down which pictures to include from our fun weekend at Manning Park. Actually, we were only there for one night, but we packed lots of fun into such a short period of time! :)
There was still some snow there, which everyone was excited about, but it ended up being not very good tobogganing snow because it was a really warm day and the snow was quite soft and slushy. All the kids (some of the big kids too) gave it a try though!
After supper we played Julie's "balloon game," which involved pairs of people trying to pop balloons between their bodies. It was silly, loud, and very entertaining! :o)

There was also quite a bit of ping pong playing going on. We even tried a group game where you hit the ball once and then put the paddle down quickly so that the next person in the circle can grab it. I think we learned that from your house, Cynthia.

The kids' table

Evan with the birthday girl

There weren't 80 candles but the kids still thought they better help Nana blow them out.


There were five in the bed and the little one said "Tell us a story, Grandma!"
Fun with Flubber

And here we are, the whole motley crew of us!

As you can see, we had a wonderful time up at Manning celebrating Grandma's birthday and having fun together. I think we'll have to do it again next year when Aaron turns 30 and Roy turns 50!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to try one more time. This commenting seems to cause me great difficulties. I love the pictures Christa and I love that you posted them on your blog so we can have an easy to find reminder of a fun weekend

Mom

Anonymous said...

And one more thing- Thanks for doing that!!

Love Mom