Blogger was giving me some stress when I tried to add these pictures but it is finally working so I can post about our Thanksgiving weekend.
On Thanksgiving Sunday, after church, we headed straight to Horseshoe Bay and got on a ferry to go to my Grandma's house in Sechelt.
We enjoyed a nice afternoon walk at the beach with Grandma, while Mom stayed at Grandma's house to watch over the turkey.Rachel loves her Nana!
Sweet boy
My precious girl
This bench is a memorial to my Grandpa so we always take a picture on Grandpa's bench when we go to Snicket Point.



Rachel loves to find treasures


Here we are enjoying a lovely Thanksgiving dinner.
On Monday morning we had "flipping pancakes" for breakfast. When I was a little girl and I slept over at Grandma's house we always had flipping pancakes for breakfast and Aaron and I got to be quite good at flipping the pancakes (with only a few falling on the floor in the process!)
Then we went for a nice walk on the "troll trail." It's a beautiful trail along the creek and someone has carved a bunch of faces into different tree stumps so the kids had fun watching for the "trolls" as we walked.



Rachel loved collecting the big Maple leaves. She wanted me to take a new picture of her every time she picked up another leaf.


She wanted to take the leaves home but I convinced her that it would be ok to leave them at the park so we spelled her name with them on the ground.

Here we are enjoying a lovely Thanksgiving dinner.
And that's that. We had a nice long wait at the ferry terminal on the way home on Thanksgiving Monday but it was worth it. We enjoyed our visit with Mom and Grandma and it was a nice break for us to get away.
No comments:
Post a Comment