Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Update

OK, since I have heard a few rumblings that people are anxiously awaiting an update, I will give you a quick one, before I go relax with my hubby for a few minutes. :)

I got into Orlando yesterday at about noon Florida time, got my rental car and made it to the hospital thanks to some great directions from a lady at the gas station (we forgot the gps in the van when Ryan dropped me off at the airport in Seattle.) I was feeling very brave and independent for making it this far without Ryan, as I've never travelled so far alone before. But I was not so confident when I pulled into the hospital parkade in my clothes I'd been wearing for over 24 hours, and having no where to brush my teeth before I met my daughter and her birthmother for the first time. However, I discovered that none of that really matters when I walked in and met Aubree, gave her a hug and we cried together. Then she called the nurse to bring the baby in out of the nursery and I laid eyes on this precious tiny bundle.
I enjoyed holding, feeding, changing and gazing at her for most of the afternoon. I also met Aubree's mom and some of her friends who were there to visit.
Today I picked up Ryan from the airport and was overjoyed to see him gaze at his baby for the first time. We spent a shorter time at the hospital today as Aubree requested some time alone with the baby. We understand that it is difficult for her and though it was hard for us to go, we know that we will have the rest of her life to enjoy our daughter and we respect Aubree's need to have the memories of these moments.
Tomorrow morning we will go back to the hospital, Aubree will sign the consent forms, and say goodbye, and we will do a whole bunch of paperwork before taking our new daughter back to the hotel with us. I hope you can all understand and respect that we have decided not to share pictures or details until after this has happened.
Thanks for your patience and for your continued prayers. We couldn't have made it this far without them!

6 comments:

Elise Susanne said...

Awwww, just the fact that you are generous enough to share your joy with us is good enough! We are SO happy for you and want to support you as much as we possibly can. Thank you for allowing us to walk with you in spirit and pray you through this amazing time in your daughter's life.

Andy said...

Don't you be apologizing for anything girl!!! We have waited this long, we can wait a little longer:) Enjoy these precious, and unique moments. They are so worth it! Looking forward to seeing you all home!

Anonymous said...

So excited for you!! I didn't get my girls as babies and for four long years we waited for paperwork to go through but it was so worth it. Praying for peace for you guys and for Aubree. Blessings, Leana

Adrienne said...

overcome with sadness for Aubree, what amazing love she has for your lil' girl! Understanding, as you treasure these moments. Your blog song, While I'm waiting, has good meaning for now even. Praying God continues to carry you all!

Anonymous said...

The emotional feelings that all of you are going through must be indescribable. Rest in the knowledge that our Father has all of you in His hands. We are praying for all of you.

Anonymous said...

We are praying for peace for all of you, and with all the emotions that everyone is surely feeling today. Enjoy each moment of your daughter's life, knowing God is watching over each of you in an extra special way today.

Janelle