Sunday, February 20, 2011

A New Favourite Christmas Tradition

I know it's past Valentine's Day, but I guess it's better late than never!
We have a lovely advent calendar made by a dear creative friend of mine. Instead of putting candies in it, I put pieces of paper with activities that we can do together as a family. This year, one of the activities was "act out the Christmas story." Well as soon as the kids read this one, the wheels started turning and they were assigning roles and looking for costumes. The girls wrote a script and practiced everyone's parts while Evan was at school and Ryan was working. When the boys got home, Grace the director organized us all to do a run through. The plan was to perform it for our family members who were coming for Christmas, but life took a turn and we didn't end up having Christmas here. Next year though, look out! :)












1 comment:

jc said...

This is just way too precious Christa! We know a family who's been doing this every year since their kids were small, and they're now almost all grown and have such fond memories! They led us and a group of immigrants in the same experience a couple years in a row, and it was a total BLAST! I think we'll have to take this up too once our kids are a bit older!