Friday, February 2, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

Yesterday was my 31st Birthday and it was a lovely day. We had a slow start to our day, staying in our pj's while we ate breakfast. Evan helped make breakfast which was very sweet of him.

We have been saving our airmiles and we finally had enough to get a new dishwasher! Yay!!!!! Hopefully this one will actually wash the dishes instead of just heating them up enough to cook the food onto them, like our old one did. Anyway, the new dishwasher arrived on Wednesday but Ryan hasn't had time to install it yet so it is sitting in our dining room , still in the box. I knew the kids would be excited about using the big box for a fort once we get the dishwasher out but I didn't think they would use it even while the dishwasher is still in it! They opened up the flap of the top of the box and made it a "roof" and played under their new fort for quite a while. During that time I was listening to a cd from last year's homeschool convention about "Teaching boys and other people who want to build forts all day!" I learned a lot about the differences between boys and girls and how I need to alter my teaching to accomodate those differences.



In the afternoon, I took Evan and Grace to skating lessons and then over to my Mom's house so that I could run a few errands. When Ryan got home from work, he and I went over to Mom's where we had a wonderful birthday dinner of pasta and seafood - yum! Mom made a blackberry pie instead of cake because that's my favourite. My Mom makes the best pie crust in all the world!

The sweater I'm wearing in the picture was a birthday gift from Dad and Loni. It's kind of hard to see in this picture but the necklace I am wearing has an amythest pendant on it, which is my birthstone. It was my birthday present from Ryan and Mom.
Although I don't know anyone who shares my birthday, there are quite a few who have a birthday the day after. So happy birthday today, to Jon Jarvie, Scott Johnson, and Sonya Brandt!


1 comment:

Sue said...

oooooh lovely!!

happy belated birthday dear Christa!! i'm glad you had such a perfect day of pampering and love!! hugs from us!

hey, if you want to read up on more boy/girl schooling ideas, check out the link on my blog to "meditations of a likeminded mommy". she has a lot of posts on creative play, and homeschooling boys and girls differently. check out her "categories" below the "archives". she has some great insights!

loves from su.