Monday, September 21, 2009

PNE

The last time I went to the PNE was when Evan was a tiny baby. I don't know why we've never gone since then. I guess it was just the thought of dragging small children through large crowds of people, and having to pay money to experience this stress.
Anyway, this year the kids received free passes to the PNE in their report cards and I thought they were all old enough to enjoy the experience so we gave it a try. It was well worth it! We had a blast.
Evan loved checking out the army vehicles.

In the "mooternity" area of the barns we saw a very newborn calf. The mother still had the umbilical cord hanging out of her (don't worry I didn't take a picture of that.)

Petting the RCMP horses


We saw some strange and interesting birds.






Evan enjoying the petting zoo


Here's Evan all buckled in and ready to experience . . .

a ride in the back of a monster truck!




Grace loved seeing all the horses. The pictures didn't turn out really well because it was pretty dark inside the arena but these are a team of Clydesdales pulling a refurbished 1900's delivery wagon.

The highlight for me was undoubtedly the RCMP musical ride!




















1 comment:

Andy said...

great pics lady...I haven't been there in years either but it looks worthwhile!