Friday, January 26, 2007

Update

It has been way too long since I posted on here so this is my update of what we have been doing over the last little while.


Tonight I had the privilege of babysitting Lanae while James and Elise were out on a date and the boys had a "leep ober" at their Grandma's house. I enjoyed every minute of holding her and rocking her to sleep. There is something so peaceful and beautiful about time spent with a newborn. Maybe it is because they are only that small and innocent and dependent for such a short time.


It was a beautiful day today and Ryan was home from work so we went to Mill lake this afternoon. What a wonderful day. Evan and I spent some time talking to a really neat man who was feeding the birds. He knew the names of some of the different kinds of birds that I didn't recognize and he told us all about "his family" of Canada geese that have been eating out of his hand for the last three years. He told us that he recognized which ones were "his" not so much by how they looked but by their behaviour. My camera batteries died before we got to him so I didn't get any pictures of that part.
This was our little science experiment with helium. We were tying different objects to the balloons to see if the balloons would lift them. Then, we used the balloons like a parachute to slow "Mr. blue guy" down as he slid down the banister or got chucked down the stairs! :)




Last weekend, Grace and Rachel were invited to Annika's "ballet birthday." There was a ballet teacher and a room full of little girls dressed in pink tights and tutus - very sweet and GIRLY! I was never a girly-girl growing up and I don't think I really am now, but I thought it was very cute!





Last week Grace and Evan started skating lessons. They both really enjoyed themselves. I'm especially proud of Grace because she has had very little experience on skates but she was right in there trying everything with the kids who were much bigger and much better skaters than she. This week we moved her into the class with some other kids who were more at her level.

Evan is the one in the hoody so you can't see his face. I had to put a picture in of him and this was the best I could get because he kept his hood on the whole time. :) This week, he wasn't on the ice for more than 5 minutes when he fell on his face on the ice, and gave himself a nice shiner so he didn't want to skate for the rest of the time. He doesn't want me to take a picture of it because he's very self-conscious and he doesn't want people to make fun of him. Ryan and I are trying to convince him that it looks cool but so far it hasn't worked!

That's all for now!




1 comment:

Sue said...

oh wow! sounds like a blast !! Skating, dancing, Mill lake....wow. great family adventures!! :)

Evan - i'm sure your eye looks fantastic! I totally understand not wanting to get teased, that is never fun. :)

anyway. love you all, take care familiy!! :)
love from Sue