Friday, January 5, 2007

A visit in Seattle

On the Thursday after Christmas, Mom, Grandma, Evan, Grace, Rachel, and I piled into our van and drove down to Snohomish Washington to visit with our extended family there. It was a long day of driving but well worth it.



I'm not sure what it is with young children and the young, single male in the family. When I was growing up it was Uncle Roy. We all loved to tackle, tease and torture him. For Ryan it was his uncle Maurice. When my brother was a teenager, Lindsay and Melissa loved to chase him and steal his hat. Well, for Evan and Nicholas, David was the coolest person in the house. Not only is he really good at video games :), he also put up with them shadowing his every move and climbing all over him. Thanks for being a good sport David!





It was such a blessing to see Grandma and Auntie Ev together. They live far apart and don't see each other often so they had catching up to do and stories to tell and I enjoyed sitting back and watching and listening. I have some of their stories of their childhood on video - what a treasure(thanks Mom and Grandma for the new toy!)


Evan and Nicholas - third cousins once removed or something. Two 7 year old boys who had lots of fun together!

1 comment:

jc said...

Great pictures Christa! I didn't know you had family in Seattle.
Have a good weekend!
Love,
Carmen