So, for those of you who were wondering, no I haven't fallen off the face of the earth! We were very busy with vacationing at the end of August and then September hit and it hit with a vengeance! So here, I am taking a few spare moments (when I should be doing some preparation for the coming school week) and filling you all in on our holiday which has long since passed! :) Oh well, better late than never I suppose.
Here we are all packed up and ready to go camping. Ryan is totally amazing at finding a spot in the van for all of the "essential" supplies that I pack. He keeps telling me that one day he will have to say "no, there isn't enough room to bring that" but it hasn't happened yet. I really should have gotten out of the van and taken a picture from the outside, then you would have been able to see the canoe on top and the bikes on the back and the two centimetres left between our loaded van and the ground!
And here are some pictures of the beautiful campground we went to at Hicks lake. We were staying in the group camp site so we had our own private beach area, across the lake from the rest of the campers. Right across from us were two small islands. One day we canoed over to the closest island and I got out and swam back to our beach. I think Andrea has some pictures of me racing the canoe. I won - that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!
Our first night there, Sunday the 26th was Andy's birthday so we had a little birthday cake for dessert.
Here's Rob and Andy relaxing on the beach on Monday morning. Despite the fact that it had been raining when we arrived on Sunday, Monday was a gorgeous, sunny day and we spent most of it sitting at the beach - just the way Monday mornings should be spent!
Abby loved swimming in the lake
Olivia and Michayla were fish, they hardly got out of the water all day.








After a while, the men just couldn't handle sitting still and had to do something manly so they decided to be lumberjacks and have a log-roll competition!

Abby is such a ham! Every time I pulled out my camera she was all cheese.
No camping trip would be complete without smores of course.
Aiden and Michayla on their homemade see-saw
Day 2 - Tuesday we were back at the beach. The kids continued building their mini lake which they had started on Monday.
And Gabrielle had a turn at the log-roll competition.

Of course, after two nights of staying up late and sleeping in the tent, there were some tired kids. We had to capture this Gracie moment on camera because it's such a typical Gracie face, especially when she's tired.

Tuesday was Ethan's 8th birthday so we got to sing "Happy Birthday" twice in one camping trip.



Eight kids balanced precariously on the log - until I decided to try and take them for a ride and they all fell off - oops!
On Tuesday evening, after two days of swimming and playing, the kids were pretty mellow. They were pretty content to sit by the fire and read while we made supper.
Roasting marshmallows one last time.
Sweet sisters
Five friends

Our first night there, Sunday the 26th was Andy's birthday so we had a little birthday cake for dessert.

Abby is such a ham! Every time I pulled out my camera she was all cheese.
Of course, after two nights of staying up late and sleeping in the tent, there were some tired kids. We had to capture this Gracie moment on camera because it's such a typical Gracie face, especially when she's tired.
Eight kids balanced precariously on the log - until I decided to try and take them for a ride and they all fell off - oops!
There you have it, our camping trip in a nutshell. We had lots of fun, and enjoyed great times with friends. Maybe some of them will even be brave enough to camp with us again next year.
Sorry, if I put you to sleep with all the vacation pictures. If you're a sucker for punishment, there's another installment coming about our trip to Vernon!

2 comments:
Great post Christa! Camping looks like a great time together. I hardly recognized some of those kids, especially little Abby Hildebrandt! Everytime you post, I remember what a great friend you are, and wish we were closer.
Take care,
Carmen
oooooh wow!!!!
i love the kids on the log!! beautiful friends...aaaah looks like so so so much fun!! the pic of rachel all covered in sand is hilariously sweet! her little braids, she is all girl and all kid. i love the way her personality shines through the camera even! haha.
your friend Gabrielle looks like an elf from Lord of the Rings!! :) she must be part elf to walk on that log!!
su
Post a Comment